Monday, March 13, 2006

More old school union cartoons

I scanned in the rest of the old Screen Cartoonists Guild's negotiating committee's cartoons from 1950. I've cleaned a couple up in photoshop, since what I have are second generation photocopies of old mimeographs, and some I left as is. I think these are a great slice of animation union history. My favorite. I want to see this animated. Definitely a food theme. I love the graphic simplicity of the last two. Now we veer into political incorrectness! But it does make the point. Wow, I have no idea what kind of creature that is sitting on the giant bag of money! I have a feeling this one was never used, especially since the original paper appears to have been a scrap. More of a classic political cartoon this time. Appears to be a preliminary sketch.

0 comments:

Site Meter