Monday, June 18, 2007

The Monday Romp, Studio-Wise

It's 401(k) meeting time again, and I get to gallop from studio to studio shooting off my mouth about the joys of studying mutual fund opportunities and saving for retirement...

At Universal Cartoon Studio, they are wrapping up Season Two of Curious George, the Series and hiring staff for Curious George, the DVD Movie. (George is a monkey that keeps on giving...)

And up by the Bob Hope Airport, Film Roman/Starz Media still has a little bit of staff on The Simpsons Movie, working on last-minute repairs and retakes. They're also working on various animated spots to support the movie, so the Movie crew hasn't totally disbanded. (Although it's close. Layoffs have come in waves over the past few weeks.)

A staffer showed me a snippet of the climax -- in wide-screen color. Damn but it's funny. If the rest of the flick is on the same level -- and the tiny bits and pieces that I've seen over the past few months would indicate that it is -- come July 27, Fox-News Corporation will be able to open its own mint.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was at the movie this past weekend and saw shrek the third. they had the trailer for the simpson movie and the whole audience did not laugh one bit.


silence was definitely golden during the simpson trailer.

Unknown said...

I have to say the opposite. I saw the trailer with Fantastic Four and everyone was laughing. I am sure there will be alot of laughs for the movie

Anonymous said...

I had a totally different experience,all the audience laughing. The same misconception again, the heart of the original series is not completely the humor.

Benjamin De Schrijver said...

I agree with Pedro... I feel that where many of the episodes in the past few years went wrong, was that they focussed on humor, and not drama. The earlier series of The Simpsons worked really well dramatically, and on top of that were funny too! Those series really had heart. I hope the movie does too.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see this movie...all I have been hearing is positive.

Site Meter