Monday, October 01, 2007

Frankenweenie II?

I remember when Tim was developing the original.

I was across the hall, in my small ratty office, listening to Tim talk story to Disney execs. Seemed more exciting than what I was doing at the time...

(Shit. What was I doing at the time?)

...there’s a rumor circulating around the web that Tim Burton is developing a stop-motion animated feature based on his 1984 short film Frankenweenie for Disney. We picked up the story from Aint It Cool News,...

...Frankenweenie is the story of a boy named Victor Frankenstein, who brings his dog back to life after a tragic accident. When the stitched-together creature gets out of the house, the once quiet suburban neighborhood is thrown into panic and the fearful residents form an angry mob bent on destroying the re-animated pooch...

I hope Tim makes it. High time he gets back to his roots.

1 comments:

Jenny Lerew said...

I saw the sets for this on one of the sound stages back in the day(I sound like Mr. Fun!)...a rooftop had been built. The lot was so quiet then-this was a big deal, and it had a real buzz about it.

Site Meter