Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Da Planes! Da Planes!

With a seven-hours-old trailer:



The summer marketplace is going to be crowded with animated films. Despicable Me II. Monsters University. Turbo. And of course The Croods is (are?) now winding down and Epic has just hit the neighbrohood multiplexes.

And there is Planes, which is a DisneyToon Studios presentations with aspirations of theatrical greatness. Disney had a small crew of animators in Glendale, and a large one in India (or wherever.) I have no idea how the picture will perform, but I guess we'll find out in August.

2 comments:

Grant said...

Wow. I knew it was being produced in India, but I didn't know it was directed and designed there as well.

Steve Hulett said...

Not quite right. There was an animation unit in Glendale. Don't know (off the top of my head) who directed.

Site Meter